Moist Banana Bread
How often have you had a banana bread that’s tasty, but dry? Well, let’s solve that problem today with this moist banana bread. The hardest part of making this banana bread is waiting for the bananas to ripen enough to turn it into something so scrumptious.Print Rate
- 7 ripe bananas
- 1 2/3 cups of all purpose flour reserve 1 tablespoon if adding chocolate chips or nuts
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of melted unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of sugar in the raw to sprinkle
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips optional and/or
- 1/2 of chopped walnuts optional
- Butter a 9″ by 5″ bread baking dish. I prefer non-stick, but glass, or even disposable work well.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well to get rid of lumps.
- Peel 5 bananas and mash them well and set them aside.
- In a large measuring cup combine melted butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix well. Combine dry and wet ingredients, but do not over mix.
- Fold in mashed bananas.
- If adding chocolate chips and/or nuts, mix with a reserved tablespoon of flour first to avoid chocolate from sinking to the bottom.
- Fold it into the mixture and combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Cut the remaining 2 bananas into thin slices (no more than 1/4 inch thick) and cover the top of the batter with banana slices.
- Sprinkle the sugar in the raw on the banana slices.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
TIP: Batter can be used in a muffin tin, too. Baking time is only around 20-25 minutes for muffins. Please use a toothpick to check for doneness as ovens are very different. TIP 2: Do not over mix the batter. Gluten development is not good for banana bread. It will make the bread tough. Let the bread cool for approximately 15-30 minutes before cutting and eating. The sugar on top and chocolate inside (if used) are extremely hot right out of the oven. Enjoy your FOOD and your MONEY that’s abeancountersway.com/to-cooking