I made Drunken Peaches today. They are so good. Then, I made jelly and syrup with the skin and pits. No waste! Love it. If you have an abundance of peaches or nectarines and want to give it a try, here are the recipes. Peach syrup is great to make sweet peach ice tea. Jelly is great for breakfast breads. The drunken peaches can be used as an ice cream topping or just eat it straight from the jar.Print Pin Rate
INGREDIENTS: Drunken Peaches
- 5 lbs of peaches
- 1 lemon
- Ice to make ice bath for peaches
- 3 cups of water
- 2 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 vanilla beans
- 6 slices of orange
- 12 tbsp bourbon I used rum (Leave it out for the kiddos. This is optional)
DIRECTIONS: Drunken Peaches
- First make the vanilla sugar syrup. Place water, sugar, vanilla bean (with the beans split and seeds removed). Bring to a boil to combine sugar and water.
- Cut X on bottom of peach. Dip peaches in boiling water to peel easily. Put hot peaches in ice bath and lemon juice to stop cooking. Pack the jars with 1 slice of orange. Fill with peaches and 1/2 of the vanilla bean. Fill with sugar syrup. Add 2 tbsp of bourbon to each jar. Place lids and rings on. Water bath for 25 minutes. Turn off heat and let it sit for 5 minutes. Remove from water. Remove rings, clean, store.
- Jelly recipe is as follow:
Saving you time and money that’s abeancountersway.com
I usually make Jelly Syrup around the same time that I make Drunken Peaches. This way I can use all of the Peach ingredients.Print Rate
- Left over peach nectarine peels and pits from 5-6 pounds of fruit
- 1 box of sure jel
- 6 cups of sugar
- 5 1/2 cups of peel juice from boiling the peels
- Bring the juice and sure jel to a boil, add sugar and bring back to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Fill jars and leave 1/4 head space.
- Water bath for 10 minutes for quarts and pints.
- I actually use the water I dip the peaches and nectarines in to boil the peels and pits.
Saving time and money that’s abeancountersway.com