Egg, Bacon, and Cheese Muffin Breakfast Sandwich
Although it is almost time to make dinner, I am going to post a breakfast recipe that I often eat for dinner. I usually make many of these and freeze whatever I don’t eat for an easy morning when I am running out of time. Egg, Bacon, and Cheese Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches.Print Pin Rate
- 6 English Muffins or whatever is in the package
- 6 to 12 strips of bacon depending on whatever you have
- 6 eggs make sure you have the same number of eggs as you do muffins
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese again, however many as the muffins
- 2 tbsp of butter or bacon fat if you cook the bacon first and want to use that
- In a frying pan, crisp the bacon.
- Remove the bacon once is cooked and pour out the extra grease. If you don’t want to use butter, wipe off the extra bacon grease.
- Put 2 tbsp of butter in the pan and fry the eggs to your liking. OPTION: You can also make an omelet and cut it into pieces for each muffin. Place cheese on top of the egg.
- Put a lid on the pan and let the cheese melt with the stove off.
- Split the English muffin with a fork horizontally.
- Toast the English muffins.
- Place 1 or 2 pieces of bacon on one side of the muffin then add the egg with cheese on top.
- Place the other side of the muffin on top.
To freeze the muffins for an easy breakfast, simply tightly wrap the muffins individually in parchment paper. Place the wrapped sandwiches in a zipper bag and place them in the freezer. To defrost, place a sandwich in the microwave for 60 to 90 seconds.
To make it vegetarian, use sliced avocados instead of meat. Eliminate bacon grease or butter, and use vegetable oil. Enjoy your FOOD and your MONEY that’s abeancountersway.com/to-cooking