Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
Have you ever been to Red Lobster? Remember those cheddar cheese biscuits that are so addictive? With all the restaurant's shutdown and no dine-in services, the next best thing is to make them at home. These biscuits get eaten so fast at my house that this time I didn’t even get the chance to take a picture of the finished product before my husband and kids devoured them. I know you’ll be tempted to try it right away, but…Let it cool a bit before eating. Cheese can be very hot when it comes out of the oven.Print Pin Rate
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheet
For the Dough
- 2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp garlic salt or 1/2 salt and 1/2 garlic powder
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
For the Topping
- 1/2 tbsp garlic salt
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix together so there are no lumps of cheese or baking powder.
- In a measuring cup (2 cup capacity or larger) combine egg, milk, and butter.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Do not over mix or it won’t be a fluffy and flaky biscuit.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, spoon heaping spoonful of batter (try to keep it the same size) into 6 mounds. You can make them bigger or smaller but might have to adjust the baking time.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Combine the melted butter and garlic salt and brush on top of the biscuits.
- Let it cool a bit before eating
Saving you money and time that's ABeanCountersWay.Com/toCooking