Tonight’s dinner is Brazilian Picadinho. Picadinho simply means chopped in small pieces. It is delicious to eat over rice or pasta. The dish also freezes well if you make extra and gets better the longer it sits. Here’s my picadinho recipe.Print Pin Rate
- 1 lb of sirloin bottom round, or tri tip (cut in slices about 2 inches long by 2/3 inch thick.
- 1 can of diced puree, or whole tomatoes (14-20 ounces)
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 bell pepper slice, any color
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp of oil and brown the meat with a bit of salt.
- Remove the browned meat and place it into a bowl for later.
- In the same skillet, add another tbsp of oil and soften the onions and bell peppers.
- When the onions are translucent, add back the meat, tomatoes, pepper, and garlic.
- Cook until the tomatoes juice is dried up.
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth and cook on low until meat is tender.
- Put over rice or pasta and enjoy.
- If you are freezing the meal, simply place it in a freezer container.
- To reheat, just place it over for 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
Enjoy your FOOD and your MONEY that’s abeancountersway.com/to-cooking.