Green Beans and Potatoes
I come from a multicultural family with roots in South American, Asia, Europe, and North America. Often times, we mix and combine foods from different cultures. Nowadays, that’s called “fusion”. We just called dinner.By now, two months into the quarantine????, some people might be running out of ideas on what to make for dinner. Here’s a simple dish that’s delicious, nutritious, cheap, and fast.Print Pin Rate
- 1 lb of green beans canned or fresh, cleaned
- 1 lb of potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1 garlic clove or more if you love garlic
- Optional ingredient: cooked 1/4 lb of ground meat
- On medium-high, heat a large skillet with oil.
- Drop in the green beans, potatoes, garlic, soy sauce, and water.
- Put a lid on and turn the temperature down to low and let the beans cook away.
- Stir gently after about 10 minutes.
- If you are adding meat to the dish, add the cooked meat at this point.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Serve on top of a bowl of rice.
Here are the directions on how to make rice. abeancountersway.com/rice-rice-baby/